When is it the right conferencing choice?
Since conferencing costs can be broken down into three fundamental elements— bridging, transport and administration—multiple solutions might be possible.
If most of your conferencing traffic is off-net, utilizing Cloud Services can help you avoid incremental infrastructure costs (like additional T1s or PBX expansion) by hosting your conferencing platform at an off-site facility. In most cases, the hosting facility will do a larger volume of calls and they might have more aggressive T1 and long-distance rates than you are currently seeing today from your carrier. You simply purchase a conferencing platform, lease the T1’s from the facility and the hosting company takes care of the ongoing backup, maintenance and support of the bridge.
Consider your conferencing environment
- Is your conferencing usage consistent or highly variable?
- Are you prone to network outages or do you have concerns about placing critical telecommunications infrastructure on-site?
- Could you reduce traffic on your internal voice network by hosting the application externally?
- Will you need to purchase additional trunks (T1s) or expand your Private Branch Exchange (PBX) to accommodate your conferencing if you bring it in-house?
- Do your long-distance volumes provide you with advantageous pricing?
- Does your carrier provide competitive rates for additional trunks?
Many of our small- to medium-sized clients find this hybrid solution—you own the equipment, we provide the provisioning and administration—to be the optimal way to maximize savings.
The Sonexis co-location facility is housed in a telecommunications central office, ensuring carrier-class services, availability, security and redundancy.